Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Missing Marilyn - December 7

The holidays always make me miss my Grandma Marilyn so much.  Her birthday would have been today.  She would have made herself an amazing chocolate cake with Cool Whip vanilla pudding frosting, and I would have taken all the leftovers home to eat for breakfast.

Christmas with her was the best.  Decorating sugar cookies and looking at Christmas lights, searching the sky for Santa on Christmas Eve, are some of my favorite childhood memories.  Of course Santa would deliver our presents to her house while we were gone.

She made the best turkey sandwiches for my lunch at school, and I loved hanging out at her house after school or on sick days.  Watching cartoons or game shows with her and eating Colby cheese with oyster crackers until mom or dad was off work to get me was a pretty darn good time.

Seriously, wasn't she the cutest???



It's hard to believe my entire paternal family has passed away in the last four years.  They made Christmas so special to me, so it's a hard time of year without them all.





No comments:

Post a Comment